Kidnap & Ransom Insurance
While no one can predict where or when a kidnapper or extortionist might strike, there are steps that you can take to protect your executives and families and prepare for a possible threat. Kidnap & ransom insurance should be an integral part of your risk management program.
The kidnap & ransom insurance can provide coverage for the following:
- Ransom and extortion payments as a result of a kidnapping or extortion threat.
- Loss of the ransom or extortion payment while being delivered.
- Expense coverage as a result of a ransom or extortion demand which includes fees and expenses of independent negotiators, and travel and accommodation expenses.
- Legal liability coverage protection in the event it is alleged the insured was negligent in a hostage retrieval.
- Political threat coverage for expenses when a person is wrongfully detained by anyone acting for a government or with the government’s approval.